Vimana Oy (the national IT service center for counties) produces and provides Finnish counties with shared expert and development services, and also procures the required solutions both from our partners and on the open market. Although Vimana’s offices are located in Helsinki, our personnel work in many places. The company was established in July 2017.
Our mission is
- to develop and provide solutions based on digitalization and ICT services, to support and improve the productivity and impact of our customers’ activities, and to enable the development of existing and brand-new services.
- to enable direct service procurement for our owners, the State and counties of Finland, as a non-profit company. When procuring these services, our service center acts as a centralized procurement unit and harnesses the economies of scale afforded by our owners.
Our objective is
- to generate savings
- to standardize working methods
- to provide the best expertise to all counties, and
- to ensure equal service standards in all counties.
Design and planning work is carried out with the aid of a nationwide network of experts. Activities and services are further developed in collaboration with this network of experts and the Customer Advisory Board, by planning alternatives and involving the counties in decisions on the company’s future and tasks. Our tasks and obligations are specified in a Ministry of Finance decree.